We believe that good communication between parents/guardians and the school (teachers, management and administration) is essential in order to meet the needs of the individual pupils and to ensure the smooth functioning of the entire school.
The Grammar School has an active Parent Council who represents every year group. The members are elected by the parents and meet monthly during the academic year. The Council acts as liaison between the school and all parents. They review and give opinion on a range of academic and vocational activities planned by the school. They also give advice on certain policy documents such as child protection, transport, student behaviour policy etc.
All students, whatever their academic ability, background or race, deserve the very best education and this will be achieved because of our professional teaching staff, ably supported by our admin team. I am passionate about what we must do at the Grammar School and the most important consideration about our school is our young people. We will achieve success by working as a team in conjunction with our valued partners, parents, families, shareholders and members of our local and wider community.
Means of communication between school and parents/guardians include:
- Parent-Teacher meetings
- Parent Council
- Formal Reports
- Interim Reports (when requested by parents or teachers)
- Ensure expectations are high and self esteem even higher
- Information meetings for transition years (Early years, Year 1, Year 2 to Year 3; Year 6 to Year 7; Year 9 to Year 10; Year 11 to Year 12)
- Formal and Informal Events
- The Homework Diary / Student Planner
- Appointments with individual parents
- Informal meetings with teachers
- The School’s Newsletter
- Letters, telephone calls and e-mail messages
- The school website
- Social media e.g. Facebook
- The Bulletin Boards
For further information and/or admissions enquiries, kindly make an appointment with our Admissions Office.